Tips and Tricks for New Players and Beginners Available in Seven Part Online Video Series
SQUARE ENIX® today released the brand-new “Starter Guide Series” for the critically-acclaimed MMORPG FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online, offering early tips and tricks for new players adventuring through the ever-expanding realm of Eorzea for the first time in order to get the most out of their adventure. Whether they’re playing solo at their own pace, or joining other players to explore the world together, this online video series will assist in the start of their adventures.
The series follows the journey of new player Kaz and his mentor Mayra, who guides him through his first steps in Eorzea. Episode One: “The Adventure Begins” guides players through the very first steps in their FINAL FANTASY XIV Online journey, including:
- Creating a character
- Using the map
- Starting main scenario quests
To watch the introductory episode and learn more about the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Guide, visit: https://sqex.to/Mi7pB
The full Starter Guide series consists of seven videos, each focusing on different aspects of the new player experience, providing tips and tricks, from character creation and basic game mechanics to dungeons, boss battles and more. The episodes and content are as follows:
- Series Introduction – Join veteran adventurer Mayra as she guides new player Kaz to the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Episode 1: The Adventure Begins – Kaz creates his character and takes his first steps in Eorzea. Mayra introduces Kaz to the map and different quest types so he can enjoy the main story without getting lost.
- Episode 2: Meet Your FATE – Mayra introduces Kaz to class quests and how he can unlock different classes starting at level 10. Kaz encounters his first FATE, an open world encounter where everyone nearby can take part.
- Episode 3: Hall of the Novice – Kaz learns how to organize his cluttered inventory and discovers the Recommended Gear feature. Mayra takes Kaz to the Hall of the Novice where he gets a crash course on party combat and a new set of gear.
- Episode 4: Do Your Duty – Putting his newly acquired skills to the test, Kaz teams up with Mayra to form a light party via the Duty Finder to tackle his first dungeon. Kaz learns how dungeon rewards are distributed via Need, Greed, and Pass.
- Episode 5: Trial by Fire – Kaz forms his own party and takes on his first trial: an epic boss battle. As his renown grows, Kaz is recruited by one of three Grand Companies of Eorzea, and unlocks his very own chocobo mount at level 20.
- Episode 6: The End of the Beginning – Mayra regales Kaz with all he has learned so far and all he still has to look forward to in the Free Trial… and beyond!
The full series is available now to stream on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online YouTube channel: https://sqex.to/lsA37
For more information, check out the official Starter Series website: https://sqex.to/8q2Pq
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Patch 6.18 launched on Tuesday 5th July, introducing the long-awaited Data Center Travel feature. Players are now able to visit Worlds on different data centers, before forming parties and challenging duties once there. This feature only allows for travel between logical data centers within the same physical data center. Travel between Japanese, North American, European, and Oceanian data centers is unavailable.
Patch 6.18 also saw an expansion to the number of Worlds available in the EU region and the addition of Meteor, a new Data Centre for the JP region meaning a greater capacity for more players. Full details on the European Data Centre additions can be found here: sqex.to/BJf1v
With more than 25 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial